Tiger not exactly Master-ful

We have this just in. Tiger Woods did not win the Masters.

Hell, he never even showed up on the leaderboard. So much for my prediction.

It didn’t change my appreciation of the tournament. What did, however, was the early spring at Augusta. The blaze of spring in the form of fiery reds, pinks and whites of rhododendrons, azalea and magnolias in full bloom was replaced this year by green.

Lots and lots of green. And not just the jackets. The early spring meant most of Augusta’s signature colors sprouted a week or two early this year.

Didn’t hurt the tournament at all.

Bubba Watson won. Not Tiger. Despite what you read here.

One thing I will be interested in seeing, however, is the ratings. There are those, me chief among them, is that Tiger is golf.

I, and other golf fanatics like me, are going to watch anyhow. But it becomes a national story, with every TV in the country tuned in, when Tiger is in the hunt on Sunday afternoon.

Comments

DB said…
It's a chance for someone else to win.