That name sounds familiar


Full disclosure today.




There is a story on P. 4 of the print edition, as well as here on DelcoTimes.com that has a bit of a familiar name.



It’s about a Springfield man who donated his 210th pint of blood yesterday.




His name is Jimmy.



His last name is Heron.



Yes, that Heron.



He’s my older brother.



I had no idea we were doing this story until I was informed of it at our 5 p.m. news budget meeting. I knew earlier that we were doing a story on a guy giving blood, but I didn’t hear that it was my brother until later in the day.



Go ahead, call it nepotism. I plead guilty. I just hope the people pointing this out are not the same ones who constantly berate the newspaper for never delivering any “good” news.



Nice to know that someone in the family is making a positive contribution to society.



Way to go, Jimmy.


Comments