Tiger on the prowl at U.S. Open

Watch out for my man Tiger.

Yep, that is Tiger Woods on the prowl just three strokes off the lead at the U.S. Open at the Olympic Club in San Francisco.

Anyone want to bet against him at this point? Anyone want to bet that Michael Thompson, the leader after Round 1, is nowhere to be found on Sunday?

Thought so.

I have to admit I’m pulling for Tiger.

I’ve made this argument before, but Tiger IS golf. No, not for die-hard golf nuts like me. We'll be glued to the TV anyhow. It is, after all, the U.S. Open.

But when Tiger is on the leaderboard on Sunday afternoon, golf is a Page 1 story.

When he’s out of the running or not playing, golf is right there beside bowling on the agate page.

Here’s one father who would like to spend his Dad’s Day watching Tiger stalk another major title.

Comments