All eyes on Penn State

I don't claim to "know" what happened at Penn State during the time allegations started to surface about former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

But, like just about everyone else, I have my theories.

In a couple of hours, the investigative report put together by former FBI boss Louis Freeh into how the university handled the Sandusky scandal - including who knew what and when - will be released.

This week we already have heard from the family of  late, legendary football coach Joe Paterno, defending his legacy and denying he was part of any coverup connected to Sandusky.

What do I take from that? They are getting out in front of the story, that they likely have been informed that the report is critical of both JoePa and other Penn State administrators.

I keep going back to my initial reaction to this story, and Paterno's role at Penn State. I don't believe a lot happened on that campus - or even in that town - that JoePa was not aware of.

I don't want to see his legacy besmirched. He was a good man who is largely responsible for Penn State being what it is today, one of the premier public universities in the country.

But, like most of us, he was not perfect.

Just how imperfect I think we are about to find out.

Comments