24-23, a perfect pick

For the past few years, I’ve been having fun here in the blog on Saturday morning’s by making a prediction in the Eagles game. I’ve even taken a jab at myself with a self-deprecating headline: The dreaded Saturday Eagles pick.

But something happened this week that has never happened before.

On Saturday I proclaimed the Eagles would win, 24-23.

On Sunday, the Eagles did exactly that, scoring a late TD to rally from a 23-17 deficit to pull out a thrilling 23-23 win.

I have to admit that as the Eagles started that final drive, it dawned on me that a touchdown would make my prediction be on the money.

So of course the first thing I thought after they scored was that they left way too much time on the clock, especially given the way the Baltimore kicker was pounding the ball through the uprights.

Never fear. Joe Flacco never got a sniff of a comeback.

24-23, Eagles.

I should take this act to Vegas.

Comments