About Michelle's dress

At the risk is coming off a bit sexist, I have a question.

I’ve been listening to all the pundits talking about former President Clinton’s speech last night at the Democratic National Convention. I have not heard one critique of his suit. Not one pithy comment about his snappy red tie.

The same cannot be said of the speaker the night before. That, of course, would be first lady Michelle Obama. Everyone was talking about her dress. Granted, it was a knockout, but why is it that we fixate on what women are wearing, but not the men?

I guess you could say the same thing for lots of other occasions. No one at the Academy Awards talks about the men’s tuxes, but everyone comments on what the women are wearing.

Despite that, the former president gets credit for the best line I’ve heard yet from either convention.

In talking about her performance the night before, Clinton did not mention the first lady's dress. Instead, he threw a bone to the current president.

“I want to nominate the man who had the good sense to marry Michelle Obama,” Clinton quipped.

Game, set and match for the former president.


Comments