Who says we don't cover marching bands?

We spend a lot of time and effort to chronicale the efforts of high school athletes.

We don’t always offer equal coverage for the kids in marching bands.

Well, that’s starting to change.

Last weekend we covered the cavalcade of bands at Chichester High.

In my contacts with band boosters who were interested in getting coverage, I made a pitch on Facebook and Twitter for someone to write a high school band blog for me.

Done.

High school band members? You now have your very own blog on DelcoTimes.com.

We’re calling it the Marching Band 411.

It’s the work of Chi band parent Marcy Malinowski. I hope you get involved. I want all band kids and parents to get involved in this effort. Give Marcy your events, results and even more important your best pictures and video. She’ll post them all to the blog.

If you have an idea to make the blog better, you can email me at editor@delcotimes.com

I’m looking forward to following the blog and the achievements of these kids who work so hard at their craft.

It should be sweet music for everybody involved.


Comments