Ask the candidates! Email me your questions

Today we start the process of candidate interviews here at the Daily Times. We will have each candidate running for the state House and Senate here in our Primos offices for endorsement interviews with our editorial board.

This year I’d like to start something new.

I know this state faces some serious issues, not the least of which is the pension timebomb ticking away, funding for public education and possible elimination of the property tax.

And, even though it’s been knocked down by the courts - at least for this election - there also is that pesky matter of requiring people to show a photo ID in order to cast their ballot.

Those are some of the issues about which I intend to quiz the candidates.

But I’m also interested in what you’d like to ask. And I’m willing to give you the opportunity to get your questions addressed by the candidates.

If you have something you’ve been dying to ask the candidates, email it to me at editor@delcotimes.com. I’ll take the best questions submitted and put it to the candidates.

Make your voice heard. Join the conversation.

Yes, the presidential race between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney is hogging most of the headlines. But these state races are critical to local residents. Very simply, the decisions these people make are likely to determine your school funding and tax rates.

Don’t be left on the sidelines. Get involved.

Email me your questions for the candidates!

Comments