Forget Sandy, give us Shady

Forget all this talk about Sandy.

We want to talk about Shady. There's a part of me that would almost like to see it pouring on Sunday at the Linc as both the Eagles and Falcons come off the bye week to a huge clash.

Of course, I'll be parked in the comfort of my family room, tweeting all the action from the comfor of my favorite game-day chair.

But my interest in the weather - and the possible arrival of rain - is what effect it could have on the pass-happy habits of Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg.

Think maybe if there are monsoon-like conditions at the Linc it might finally convince these guys to feature the best back in the NFL. That would be LeSean 'Shady' McCoy.

It just might be the key to an Eagles' win over the unbeaten Falcons.

Then again, it would not surprise me in the least to see Reid et al do his best Bowie Kuhn impersonation, stand their with his laminated (rain-proof) chart and dial up pass after pass.

Remember, Andy is smarter than all the rest of us.

Just ask Juan Castillo.

CLICK HERE for beat writer Bob Grotz's thoughts on the weather Sunday.

Comments