Live Election Day Blog! Reid it & weep

The Heron's Nest today will be offering a live, day-long Election Day blog. I will try to fill it with my observances on what promises to be a historic vote. More than that, I want you to take part. If you see something interesting, email me at editor@delcotimes.com. How crowded is your polling place? How long did you have to wait in line? Did you get asked for Voter ID? Take part in the conversation.

5:30 a.m.: The polls do not open for another hour and a half, but I'm ready to cast my vote - for the end of the Andy Reid Era.

Yes, as predicted here in the Heron's Nest, the Eagles lost Monday night. And they did it just as I expected. Against the worst defense in the NFL, the Eagles inept offense put up all of 13 points. Meanwhile, aided by the obligatory end zone turnover turned into Pick Six, the Saints didn't really wow anyone by putting up 28.

The Eagles now stand at 3-5. The playoffs are a rumor. Andy Reid and Michael Vick are dead men walking.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Eagles owner Jeff Lurie to pull the trigger on a coaching change today. It's not going to happen.

We're stuck with Reid for the rest of this season, then we likely will start a new regime, including a new quarterback.

Actually, that could start a lot sooner. I believe Reid will go to backup rookie Nick Foles as his starting quarterback Sunday vs. the Cowboys.

And has a fairly early clash with the hated guys with the stars on their helmets ever meant less?

Reid it & weep, folks.

Now, I'm off to vote. I can't afford to stand in a line all day, so I'm planning to get to my polling place about an hour before it opens.

Talk to you when I get into the office.

Email me at editor@delcotimes.com. Follow our coverage all day on Twitter with the hashtag #delcovote.

It's going to be a long day. It's already been a long one for Eagles fans. 

Comments