Offended at Voter ID treatment in Upper Prov

9:40 a.m.: Here's a contrasting report from Upper Providence, this one from polling place at St. Mary Magdalen School on Providence Road: "I felt like I was being checked into a jail trying to vote this morning at St. Mary Magdelene's in Upper Providence. After waiting 30 minutes in line I reached the first check point where two women not only demanded my ID but wrote down information from it in two little books. They were doing this with everyone. They then issued me a card with a number on it. We then proceeded to check point #2 where ID was again demanded as well as the card with my number and a blue sticker was placed on the card. Only then was I allowed to cast my vote. I have been voting in every election for 35 years and this was the first time I was offended. I cannot imagine what they are going to put my child through later in the day as a first-time voter. I am totally disgusted."

Keep those reports coming folks. We've heard from Upper Prov. How is it going in the rest of the county. Make your voice heard. Email me at editor@delcotimes.com. Follow on Twitter with the #delcovote hashtag.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I voted in Brookhaven and they didn't ask for ID. It may be because they know me. Although they didn't ask anyone else.
Anonymous said…
I vote dat Indian Lae school. They asked politely to see ID, ish we'd it tothem. I jokingly said, "even though I don't have to?" the women said with a smile , if not, I have to give you this flyer. I sad, keep the paper and then I voted. offended? Over what? Is that trivial item what really offends people? I suggest she never try to board an airplane. The X-ray machine will put her over the edge.