Taken by storm - how the nor'easter missed us

Did you manage to survive all that snow out there? Look, I’m not possessed by the weather. Or maybe I am. They got some snow over in Jersey, and a lot of snow up through New York and New England. There was a lot of concern about another hit to areas still trying to recover from the battering they took from Superstorm Sandy. Here? Uh, it rained. For a while there we had some wet flurries around lunch time yesterday. Then it changed back to rain.

The roads were wet as I drove home last night. They were starting to dry up as I drove back in this morning.

Why is this news? And why do we need a fancy name like ‘nor’easter’ to describe it?

Because that is what we do. I can’t turn off the TV, or the radio. Yes, I’m a hypocrite. We also cover the weather in both our print and online editions.

Hell, we even solicit people to send us their photos of storms. All I want to do is go sit on a beach. But not in New Jersey or Delaware, at least not right now. If you get the idea I’m not a big fan of winter, you’re right. As I usually I do, I refused to put on a coat until Nov. 1. I wore one yesterday.

Bring on winter.

Swell.

How many days ‘til pitchers and catchers report?

Actually they're saying it might be 65 degrees on Sunday. Don't put the golf clubs away just yet.

Comments