The Daily Numbers for Nov. 28

The Daily Numbers: 500 million dollar Powerball jackpot up for grabs tonight. Guess those machines will be humming pretty much all day.

175 million to 1, your odds of hitting the jackpot.

245 million, what the cash payout would be.

7 recent home break-ins that are causing concern in Nether Providence.

200 parents and students who turned out in force last night for Marple Newtown School Board to oppose potential education cuts.

3 new judges nominated for Eastern District of Pennslvania, including Felipe Restropo of Swarthmore.

5,375 in donations that have come into the Merry Christmas Fund.

422 families and 854 children in the Chester community who benefit from the holiday fundraiser.

30 percent increase in online shopping on Cyber Monday.

24 game suspension for Phillies Carlos Ruiz for amphetamine use.

2 less Eagles for fans to boo: Jason Babin was released and DeSean Jackson was placed on injured reserve with cracked ribs.

22 points for Evan Turner as the Sixers turned back the Mavs, 100-98.

*

Call me a Phanatic: A look at the ups and downs of being a Philadelphia sports fan.Jason Babin has been sacked. Don’t think he’ll be missed.

 

*

I Don’t Get It: Babin laughed when he was told he was released by the team. Yeah, he doesn’t get it. Never did.

*

Today’s Upper: Kudos to the kids at the Lansdowne Library who have been victorious in their battle against Sony Music and the Michael Jackson estate in a dispute over a video parody of ‘Beat It’ they called ‘Read It.’

*

Quote Box: “If I won, I’d really like to help my kids. Then I’d probably quit my job. I don’t need much. I just want to be comfortable.”

- Louise Avellino of Ridley after buying her Powerball tickets yedsterday.

Comments