The Daily Numbers - Nov. 21

The Daily Numbers: 2.2 percent cost of living salary increase for our state legislators.

83,802 annual salary, up from 82,026.

187,256 salary for Gov. Tom Corbett.

205,415 for Pa. Supreme Court Chief Justice Ron Castille.

15 participants who picked up awards at Delaware County Open Door to Education Program at DCCC.

38, age of Debra Miller, who has been reported missing in Tinicum since the weekend.

2 suspects from Montco who surrendered on charges they were using a house in Upper Darby as a pot-growing operation.

76, age of John Felder of Miami, Fla., who faces additional charges in connection with a bizarre kidnap plot on the Main Line.

6 DUI convictions for man in Folcroft who now faces another DUI rap in connection with a hit-run.

37.50, how much more taxpayers in Swarthmore will be paying under the proposed borough budget.

1.6 million Pennsylvanians expected to travel 50 miles or more this Thanksgiving.

24 billion dollars in profits being pledged by a British firm that is looking to take over operations of the Pa. lottery.

60 million dollar film credit that that industry is pushing to have expanded in Harrisburg.

138 points scored by Grinnell’s Jack Taylor as they beat Faith Baptist Bible, 179-104, setting an NCAA scoring mark.

108 shots taken by Taylor.

52 of 108, what Taylor shot overall, including 27 of 71 on 3-pointers.

70 points, what David Larson scored in the losing effort by Faith Baptist.

23 points off the bench for Nick Young as the Sixers beat the Raptors, 106-98.

*

Call me a Phanatic: A look at the ups and downs of being a Philadelphia sports fan.

Reasons for thanks. I wonder what Andy Reid is thinking at this time of year. He’s had a very tough year.

*

I Don’t Get It: I am told tonight is the biggest night of the year for nightspots and watering holes. Yeah, I think I remember that. I’m old.

*

Today’s Upper: Kudos to kids from Cardinal O’Hara who collected items for the victims of Hurricane Sandy yesterday. There’s a reason for thanks.

*

Quote Box: “I will take my pay raise and I appreciate the opportunity to take that pay raise. When I get an increase in pay, the more I do for my community.”

- State Rep. Thaddeus Kirkland, Dk-159, of Chester, on COLA hike for lawmakers.

Comments