The dreaded Saturday Eagles Pick

It's been a long, brutal week. And that's just where the weather is concerned. Don't even get me started on the Eagles.

I obviously was not expecting the meltdown we witnessed last Sunday against the Falcons. With a week off and having shown defensive coordinator Juan Castillo the door, the Eagles failed to show up against the unbeaten Falcons, getting pushed all over field on a miserable, wet, windy day at the Linc as Sandy started to make her presence known. This week Hurricane Andy has tried to do the same. Forget it. I say he - and the Eagles - are about to go belly up.

The problem is they are facing the worst possible team they could match up with on Monday night in front of the whole nation. The Eagles will travel to the Big Easy to face the Saints. And Drew Brees must be salivating at the chance to go against this feeble Eagles defense. As bad as their defense has been, the Saints' is probably worse. The problem with that is the Eagles offense has not exactly been hitting on all cylinders. They're averaging 17 points a game. That will be about half the Saints total.

This one has all the makings of a rout. It will mark the beginning of the end of the Andy Reid era. And possibly the start of the Nick Foles era.

The Pick: Make it Saints 37, Eagles 19. If you think you have an answer for Drew Brees, maybe you should call Todd Bowles. I think his defense gets lit up for the second straight week.

Last Week: No, I didn't see this one coming. But as I watched the Falcons methodically stuff the ball down the Birds' throats on that first drive, it became obvious this team had been well-prepared and knew exactly how to attack the Eagles' defense. On the other hand, Andy and friends looked like they had taken two weeks off, not just one.

Season Record: The Eagles are now in freefall, having lost three straight to go to a miserable 3-4, while my stumble leaves me at 4-3. Losing another game and falling to 3-5 could mean pulling the plug and starting all over. I don't see it ending any other way.

Game by Game: Eagles 17, Browns 16 (My Pick: Eagles 27, Browns 13)

Eagles 24, Ravens 23 (My Pick: Eagles 24, Ravens 23 - On the Money!)

Cardinals 27, Eagles 6 (My Pick: Eagles 29, Cardinals 13)

Eagles 19, Giants 17 (My Pick: Eagles 19, Giants 17 - On the Money!)

Steelers 16, Eagles 14 (My Pick: Steelers 24, Eagles 16)

Lions 26, Eagles 23 (My pick: Eagles 19, Lions 17)

Falcons 30, Eagles 17 (My pick: Eagles 29, Falcons 17)

Comments