The weather outside is not exactly frightful

Someone save me from the weather (people).

When I got up this morning, I was not exactly surprised that the ‘wintry mix’ that I had heard about all day yesterday had yet to arrive. I was kind of banking on it.

I drove into the office with nary a flake in sight, and just a few drops of rain.

A quick check outside showed it started raining a little while after I arrived in beautiful downtown Primos, but still not a single snowflake in sight.

Of course when I got into the office I turned on the TV. That was a mistake.

Look, I get it. TV loves weather. But this morning there wasn’t any weather. And I had any number of folks telling me just that, “it’s not doing anything right now but people are getting ready.”

Later I was informed the roads are wet.

Eventually, in some northen and western locales, the snow apparently arrived. I almost felt good for the reporters out there in the elements that there actually were some elements - aside from rain - to report on.

Now we are going to be told all morning that the roads are wet and maybe slick.

It’s going to be a long winter.

Comments