Revisiting the 'Miracle of Drexel Hill'

With just hours left in 2012, today we complete our look at the top stories of the year here in Delaware County. You can read Part II of our package here.

A couple weeks ago, I saluted the refinery workers who played such a large part in our coverage this year.

Today, I use my Letter from the Editor column to detail our other biggest story. This one was close to my heart. I am a product of a Catholic elementary school, and often credit my tutelage at the firm right hand of the good Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary for instilling in me a deep love of writing that manifests itself every day in this blog.

We spent a lot of time detailing the travails of Monsignor Bonner-Archbishop Prendergast, as well as the tumult and shakeup that resulted in the closing or mergers of a host of archdiocesan elementary schools.

We started calling the Bonner-Prendie story the “Miracle of Drexel Hill.”

Months later, it’s hard to argue with that sentiment.

CLICK HERE for my print column today.

Comments