The gun conversation

Much has been made of the comments by TV sportscaster Bob Costas on national TV during Sunday night’s prime time football game concerning the fallout from the tragic murder-suicide involving Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher.

I’m not sure it was the right forum for Costas to make his point.

But I do think it’s a conversation the country needs to have.

No one is going to argue the Second Amendment. I believe people have the right to own a gun. I’m not looking to take that away.

I don’t think that’s the argument anymore.

But I do think it would help if we started talking about ways to combat the wave of guns in our society, and the gun violence that comes along with it.

You can read our editorial here.

I don’t profess to have answers to the gun problem. But I think it’s time we talked about it.

 

Comments