Not the best way to start the day: Roads are a mess

Here's a suggestion for your morning commute: Reconsider.

If you can do it, today just might be one of those days to pull the covers up over your head and stay there.

Here's how my day got started: Late. There's almost nothing I hate more than being late. When you do what I do for a living, you start to value your time. When I'm late, even as little as a half-hour, that's time you never get back.

We apparently lost power at some point last night, so all our clocks were out of whack. Please don't yell at me about the fact that I still use an alarm clock, even though my iPhone sits on the dresser next to my head.

Oddly enough, I almost never hear the alarm go off. I'm almost always up before it goes off. Not this morning. I was in one of those rare, coma-like states. So I knew the day was off to a lousy start.

That was just the beginning. If you did not realize it, we got a huge dose of wind and rain overnight. In other words, the roads are a mess.  There's standing water and debris everywhere.  Lots of branches are all over the joint.

The local TV stations are treating it like armageddon. It's not that bad, but it's not great.

Here's a news bulletin for you. The Brandywine out in Chester County went over its banks. What a surprise. All you have to do is spit into it to have that happen, let alone last night's deluge.

There's some good news in Darby. Darby Creek has not gone over its banks.

The day has to get better from here.

Doesn't it?

Comments