Anyone remember that the Eagles beat the Ravens?

Some random thoughts on the Super Bowl and trying to figure out why the Monday after the big game is not a national holiday.

• That 34-31 score as the Baltimore Ravenes held on to hold off the late-charging 49ers is not the one I have stuck in my head this morning. Instead all I can think of is 24-23. Remember? Week Two. Eagles 24, Ravens 23. Hard to believe now. It was the Eagles second straight one-point win as they got off to a 2-0 start. Then would then fall on the road to Arizona, before coming home to top the Giants. They were 3-1 and had visions of the Super Bowl dancing in their heads. Back-to-back losses to Pittsburgh and a killer loss to Detroit in which they blew a fourth-quarter lead led Andy Reid to fire defensive coordinator Juan Castillo. It was all downhill from there.

• Happy for former Eagles special teams coach John Harbaugh, who bested his brother Jim, as well as Joe Flacco, the pride of Audubon, N.J., and the University of Delaware.

• The commercials were the lames I’ve seen in years. Can’t believe these companies spent that much money for those terrible spots. OK, I did smirk at the nerd getting the hellacious liplock from Bar Rafaeli. The rest? Spare me.

• Speaking of spare me, I didn’t get the halftime show with Beyonce either. I’ll grant you she can really move, and all the lasers and other elements were spectacular. But I couldn’t hear a word she was saying. I guess it was a great performance, but musically, it did nothing for me.

• That was about it for me. I checked out after Beyonce’s show and caught the rest in bed before I passed out .

• There is no truth to the rumor that Silicon Valley hacked the power system and caused that blackout in an attempt to get the reeling 49ers back into the game. At least I think so.

•  So, who do you think wins a Super Bowl first, Andy Reid or Chip Kelly?

 

Comments