Dom Brown enters Wally World

When I watched that video of Dominic Brown crushing a baseball over the centerfield wall in a Grapefruit League game earlier this week, one name came to mind: Daryl Strawberry.

Then I actually looked at the video again. Brown's swing not only resembled the former Met great's, he actually looked like him. Brown looks taller, thinner, than I remember.

Actually, what Brown really looks like so far this sprig is a player transformed.

Yeah, I know, you’ve heard it before. We’ve been waiting for years for Brown to live up to the hype that has so often surrounded his name.

This year it might be different. Brown spent most of his off-season in Florida and struck up a friendship with one of the new Phillies hitting coaches, Wally Joyner. You’ll remember Joyner as having one of the smoothest left-handed strokes in the majors in a career that spanned nearly two decades.

Joyner did some adjustments with Brown’s hands.

So far, the results have been pretty impressive.

Yeah, I know. This is the last day of February. Talk to me in April, right?

Maybe this will finally be Dom Brown’s year.

 

Comments