'Live From the Newsroom' does Ash Wednesday at Antonella's

I know that you are supposed to fast on Ash Wednesday. I’m also supposed to give up cursing. That’s not working out too well either.
But I was glad that I skimped on food yesterday since I knew I was headed out to Rosemont last night to do our special Ash Wednesday edition of ‘Live From the Newsroom’ from Antonella’s Italian Kitchen.
It was worth the drive. Antonella’s is no longer the secret enclave of ravenous Villanova students.
Our thanks to Antonella and Ray Santacroce, along with their kids Franesca and Stefan, who put on a dazzling culinary tour de force, all aimed at the Lenten tradition of not eating meat.
If you missed the show, you can catch the replay here.
Antonella and Ray are kind of the American dream come to fruition. They were dabbling in some catering out of their homes before deciding to take the leap, quit their jobs and devote their full attention to their first love - food.
They’ve been at their location at the corner of Conestoga and Garrett roads, just a few blocks from the Villanova campus, since 1996.
They made this proud Irishman feel almost Italian during our visit.
And yes, I did ‘Mangia.”
Thanks for a great night!

 

Comments

Unknown said…
A great broadcast Phil! It was a pleasure hearing from the Antonella's family.