The roads are wet!

We interrupt our normal flow of news to let you know that the roads are wet.

I'm not sure we'll survive. And to think I did not get stop and pick up bread and milk on the way home last night.

Look, I know the weather is likely going to turn a little nasty later today. It's going to be an ugly day. But there was absolutely nothing going on when I made my early-morning drive into the office. The roads weren't even wet, although it was pretty windy.

Lo and behold, the second I got into the office and flipped on the TV, I was greeted by the friendly folks on TV gleefully telling me that it had started raining in Kennett Square. And there were some wet roads down toward the shore, too.

This is kind of an occupational hazard for me. It goes with the job. So I will tune in and grit my teeth most of the day as as all news - and common sense - stops because we are having some weather issues. That happens from time to time in March.

As best as I can figure out, it likely will start raining around here fairly soon this morning, and at some point this afternoon will likely turn into snow.

It of course has been snowing hard in the Midwest. Which is nice because I don't live in the Midwest. It also is snowing in Washington, D.C. I don't live there either.

I live here. And right now it is raining.

The roads are wet. I'm not sure how we will survive.

They apparently will not fare as well out at Cheyney; University they've already canceled classes for today.

I could go on about what I feel is a public disservice done with this constant weather drumbeat delivered non-stop through our TVs. If I were you, I would simply turn them off.

For instance, I was jus told that in case you happen to be on the beach in New Jersey in the dark at 5:30, it's windy out there. Now that's some news you can use.

It's going to be that kind of day. Here are some words you undoubtedly will be hearing soon: Those wet roads are 'treacherous.' If you don't have to go out, don't (all the better to stay by the TV for non-stop storm coverage); and it's all about location, location, location.

In other words, we're not exactly sure what is going to happen today, and we plan to bring it to you live.

Forget about any other news today. It is raining, with snow probably on the way. Stop the presses.

Oh, and by the way, if we happen to survive, it is expected to be in the 50s this weekend.

And the weather March-es on.

Comments