A correction and an apology

I have written many times about my favorite thing about the Internet. I am reminded of it again this morning.

In my print column today, I wrote about the readers who post comments on our website. They are often quick to take umbrage with something we've written.

I am guessing someone else might want to do that today as well. That person would be longtime former Daily News columnist Chuck Stone. In my column, I referenced a device Stone used to do often in his column space - running letters from readers - with the intro, "And the Angels sing." It was always one of my favorites.

But in referencing Stone, instead of simpy referring to him as the the former longtime, esteemed columnist, I instead absent-mindedly referred to him as something else, something that connotes that Chuck Stone is no longer with us.

He may not be in terms of his Daily News column, but Stone is in fact still very much alive.

My apologies to Chuck Stone.

Sometimes the editors sing, too.

So what is that favorite thing about the Internet I referred to? Of course that with a couple of keystrokes, the error was corrected.

As I am always telling reporters, that's not the case with print. It's forever.

As a very much alive Chuck Stone can no doubt attest.

Comments