Join us for a live Phillies chat tonight

They are two of the best words in the English language.

No, not April Fool's. That sort of hijinks lost its luster to me a long time ago. Inevitably some nitwit (very often masquerading as a journalist) does something they think is funny but which all too often fails what I call the "wince factor."

I use that all the time when I'm considering a headline that is, how should I say, a little on the edgy side. I'll try to find someone in the building - not in the newsroom, who for the most part are a pretty cynical bunch - and run it past them. If I see them wince, I'll know that's also likely going to be the public's reaction, and I rethink the headline.

What I'm talking about are the following glorious words: Opening Day.

The Phillies open the 2013 season tonight in Atlanta. If you missed our special Phillies Preview section on Sunday, we saved a couple of special stories for today.

Click here to find out what's new at Citizens Bank Park. The Phils' won't open at home until Friday.

Click here to find out what ticket availability is like this year.

And we'll be hosting a live chat for the Phils opener with Daily Times writers starting at 6:30. First pitch in Atlanta is 7:05. Come back to DelcoTimes.com and chat with our writers covering the game.

Bring on baseball!

Comments