The weather outside is ... perfect!

Here's what I did last night, after my daily struggle to drive home directly into that setting sun without sliding into a coma.

As soon as I got in the house, I bolted up the steps, lost the shirt and tie (yes, gentlemen, ties are still worn by this office worker), tossed on a pair of shorts and T-shirt, poured myself a large glass of iced tea, grabbed the radio and headed for the deck.

It was me, the Phillies and the Cicadas.

Life is good.

Complain all you want. This is the weather I live for. In other words, don't hold your breath waiting for me to complain about the heat. Or the humidity. I love it. I like it when the air is so thick it just kind of hangs around you like a wet towel.

After suffering through another winter, then trying to stop my teeth from chattering during a chilly spring, I'm ready for some summer weather. Looks like I'm going to get my wish.

We are about to be hit with the first heat wave of the year - three days in the 90s. It's expected to be in the low 90s this afternoon.

If you need me tonight, you'll know where to find me.

If you hate this thick, humid weather, you have my condolences.

I'll try to stifle my smile.

Comments