Can someone explain the Aaron Hernandez case to me?

I usually save this for my Daily Numbers package.

But I have to get this one off my chest now.

Aaron Hernandez. I Don't Get It.

Really, can someone explain this one to me?

In case you're not a sports fan or have not heard about it, Hernandez was one of the budding superstars in the NFL. The tight end had just signed a $40 million new deal with the New England Patriots.

Today he's sitting in jail, charged with murder.

You can catch all the sleazy details here.

Police say this was your basic macho stuff. Hernandez apparently believed the NFL player was ticked at a friend because the guy was talking to the wrong group of people at a local nightclub.

A prosecutor alleged that Hernandez orchestrated the murder, driving semi-pro player Odin Lloyd to a remote spot with some buddies, where he was shot repeatedly in the back and chest.

Aaron Hernandez is 23 years old. The 2011 Pro Bowl selection had signed a five-year contract last summer with the Patriots worth $40 million.

This guy had everything, and he just threw it all away over what seems like a minor disagreement.

I just don't get it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't get it either. Drugs and/or alchohol has to be involved, why else?