Dom Brown not the only hot Phillie

Somebody get a hose and put out Dom Brown. He's that hot.

Brown was at it again last night, with three hits including another homer, a three-run bomb, to lead the Phils to a 7-2 win over the lowly Miami Marlins. Dennis Deitch has all the details.

Brown was named National League Player of the Week for the second straight week, as well as Player of the Month for May. He now leads  the NL in homers with 17.

I can admit I was one of those who was ready to write Brown off, who wondered if he was ever going to display the kind of potential that most expected from a guy once touted as one of the top prospects in all major league baseball. I think that argument's over.

But there's another guy putting together a pretty good year, and yes, he also is another guy I had just about given up on.

Kyle Kendrick gave the Phils a complete game gem last night, allowing the Marlins to scratch out just 2 runs in the third inning, then slamming the door the rest of the way. He gave up just six hits, walked only one, and struck out five. Along the way he lowered his ERA to a most respectable 3.12, and raised his record to 6-3.

I was wrong about Dom Brown.

Looks like I was wrong aboug Kyle Kendrick, too.

I couldn't be happier about it.

Just don't make me the Phillies GM any time soon.

Comments