Flag Day 1982, 31 years and counting at the Daily Times

June 14.

To a lot of people, it's Friday.

Not me.

I know this is a very special day - for a couple of reasons.

For one, it's Flag Day, the one day a year we set aside to honor Old Glory, the Stars and Stripes. Fly it proud!

But for me, Flag Day always has another special reason to reflect.

It was on June 14, 1982, that I walked into the Delaware County Daily Times for my very first day of work in beautiful downtown Primos. Hard to believe I've been walking in these doors now for more than three decades.

I've seen a lot of things happen in this county. I've written a lof of headlines, put together a lot of front pages, and of course today also oversee a website and technology that allows us to deliver news 24 hours a day, to say nothing of writing blogs like this one.

Happy Flag Day, Delco. And happy anniversary to me.

Someone please tell me I'm not this old.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How do I obtain a old headline from 1982?