Some Frank talk about the royal baby

OK, I might as well admit it up front.

The royal baby? I don't get it.

It's apparently supposed to be a big deal. I wish I knew why. Look, I am very happy for Prince William and Princess Kate, or the Duchess of Cambridge or whatever she is being referred to these days.

If you look at our front page today, you will find a mention of the royal baby up in the top right corner. No, it is not our lead. To be honest, the thought of leading the paper with the royal baby never crossed my mind.

I'm probably not the person who should be making these decisions. I don't get most things involving the royal family. Although I can admit I dropped everything yesterday to push out word that the latest royal had arrived. I sent the text alert, Tweeted and posted on Facebook to push the news, along with posting it quickly on our website.

Now that the baby has arrived, the betting is going fast and furious on what name they will bestow on the young man, who is now third in line as heir to the royal throne.

If it had been a girl, most were suggesting the young couple would somehow have to work William's mother, Princess Diana, into the name. But since it's a boy, honoring the memory of Diana becomes a bit more tricky.

Since Diana's middle name was Frances, how about calling the little guy Francis.

The rest of us could just refer to him as Frank.

Comments