Some like it hot

Here's my dilemma: As anyone who knows me or reads this blog knows, I like it hot.

Real hot. And humid. Like cut the air with a knife humid.

But I have a problem with that kind of weather. Actually, my wife does. She hates it. So she flips on the air-conditioning.

I hate air-conditioning. It might as well be winter. I'm trapped inside with the curtains drawn to keep the sun out. Might as well be February.

So I usually sit outside while she's inside.

Having said that, I was all smiles when I pulled around the corner and saw the old homestead last night. First thing I noticed was the fact that all the windows were open.

It got better. Last night was gorgeous. I actually slept with the covers on.

And this morning was just stupendous. There was another huge moon that made everything look almost like dusk, even if it was 4 a.m.

Just beautiful.

OK, that's enough. Bring back the heat and humidity. Or at least a winning Phillies team.

 

Comments