Live From the Newsroom will be talking about Chester tonight at 7!

As usual, my sense of timing is less than perfect.

Last week, I met with a group of Chester business people. They had requested the meeting because of a recent editorial I penned lamenting - again - the spate of street violence that continues to plague the city.

They wanted to stress the fact that there are good stories - positive ones - happening in the city that they believed get overshadowed by what often appears on the front page.

It was a great meeting that I ended with a couple of them espousing the city's emerging new business and arts environment on video.

In fact, it went so well, I decided to invite a few of them in for tonight's episode of our live-stream Internet show, 'Live From the Newsroom.'

Then, as usual, news got in the way. Today's front page is probably not what they had in mind in terms of stories emanating from the city.

It details an especially violent night in Chester. Two different shooting incidents left three young men dead and a fourth wounded.

It doesn't affect my belief that the city is making great strides, and that there are other stories to tell there. I plan to tell them.

Tonight you can hear from people who are making some of those stories happen. I'll be joined by Linda Braceland, head of the Chester Business Association who also heads Art on Avenue of the States; Reha London, a city resident and longtime activist in landlord issues; Antoinette Trueheart, from Entrepreneur Works, and Mario Cimino, who is active in environmental issues in the city as the Eastern Regional Director fo the Pennsylvania Resources Council.

More importantly, I'd be interested in what readers have to say. Does the newspaper give a false impression of what is happening in Chester? Are there other stories to tell, and if so what are they? If you have a question you'd like our panel to answer, email it to me at editor@delcotimes.com. Then tune in tonight at 7 on DelcoTimes.com and take part in our live chat.

I want to talk about what is going on in Chester, both the good and the bad. Why not be a part of the conversation?

 

Comments