Sparkling night in Media as 'Live From Newsroom' does 'Dining Under the Stars'

Ever wonder just how popular Media's wildly successful Wednesday night summer promotion 'Dining Under the Stars' is?

That was on my mind late Wednesday afternoon as I was driving along Baltimore Pike heading for the county seat  - and staring at some very dark, ominous looking clouds. The drops of rain that started hitting the windshield in Springfield didn't help.

So I was more than a little stunned after I parked the car in Media and headed up toward State Street on Olive. Don't these people watch the weather forecast? The place was packed. Once on State, I looked up and down the street and it was the same thing: Wall-to-Wall diners.

That's how popular 'Dining Under the Stars' has become. I'm surprised they don't this every night.

If you missed the show, you can see our replay here:

Many thanks to our special guests, including Media Mayor Bob McMahon for the gracious welcome; Patrick Ward, executive director of the Media Theatre, who offered a sneak peek at last night's finals of 'The Vocalist,' (you can find out who won here); Bryan Messick, the head of the Media Business Authority, who also offered us the great accommodations right outside the Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union on State Street; Marie Sciocchetti, president of the Media-Upper Providence Library; and noted Media restaurateur Loic Barnieu, proprietor of LaBelle Epoque and Picasso, among others.

And yes, I also noticed the wide grins on the faces of just about everyone. If you're connected in any way to Media, it's hard to underestimate just how big a success this campaign has been.

I'm glad we were able to make our annual visit. And I'm even more glad that we didn't see one drop of rain during the show.

I guess even Mother Nature loves 'Everybody's Hometown,' or least Dining Under the Stars. 

 

Comments