The good and the bad in Chester

I used my print column today to talk about the way this newspaper covers the city of Chester.

If you have been away, there has been a lot going on in the city.

Just this weekend, they broke free of the label 'food desert' when Philabundance opened the city's first full-service supermarket - and the first one in the nation run by a nonprofit - in more than a decade.

There also was a huge celebration in Deshong Park.

We covered all of that.

It's part of a responsibility I take pretty seriously, that being noting the good along with the bad that occurs in Chester.

It doesn't mean we are going to start shying away from those stories. We'll cover them just as aggressively as we always have.

But I recognize there are other important stories in the city as well. Some people tend to think we downplay those. I disagree.

Read my print column and decide for yourself.

Comments