The Heron's Nest: Warp speed for Kelly; he says Birds can run faster!

Brace yourself, Eagles fans.
As hard as it might sound, Chip Kelly is just getting started.
Meeting the media yesterday, Kelly insisted that not only was that 53-play first-half assault he unleashed on the Redskins not just a lark, he thinks the Eagles can actually play faster.
He actually had to repeat it to the disbelieving media assembled for his day-after press conference.
You can read all about it in beat writer Bob Grotz's story here.
I think I'm going to like this guy.
I think I'm not alone.
Last night on our live-stream broadcast 'Live From the Newsroom,' I was joined by Grotz and columnist Jack McCaffery as we discussed the Birds' huge opening night Monday night win over the Redskins. If you missed the show, you can catch it here. Grotz made the point - and it's a good one - that this was only one game. That's part of his job as a beat writer.
Me? I'm a fan. And I think Chip Kelly is going to own this town.
As my colleague Jack McCaffery and I both noticed: Andy Reid doesn't coach here anymore.

Comments