TGIF: Thank galoshes it's Friday

Here's a tip from an early-morning commuter.

If you can just pull the covers up over your head and stay in bed today, I highly recommend it.

In other words, it's just miserable out. It's as if Mother Nature decided to get even with us for our recent run of great weather all in one day.

It's pouring down rain, including some intermittent thunder.

And of course, if the roads are wet, that means traffic is coming to a standstill. I'm lucky in that I drive before the traffic has a chance to back up.

An overturned car northbound on I-95 near Route 420 backed up traffic for miles on the interstate. That includes a ton of people trying to make flights at Philadelphia International Airport.

The Schuylkill Expressway eastbound also is closed because of a crash at Gulph Mills. The rain is supposed to stick around through Saturday and into early Sunday morning.

Like I said, stay in bed if you can.

Comments