A few gripes before we pause to give thanks

Next week we will pause to offer thanks.

For now, I have a few gripes I'd like to offer.

It is not even Thanksgiving yet, and I'm already being bombarded by my personal vote for the most aggravating ad ever produced.

Show of hands? How many of you know anyone who has ever received a Lexus with a big red bow on it for Christmas?

Thought so.

Every time I see that ad, I am filled with self-doubt and question my worth. Maybe that's the point. I guess that's why it's a good ad.

Now if they really wanted to send me into a fit of Nirvana, they'd find an old '66 Chevy Super Sport, lime green with mag wheels. It was my first car. I bought it for $500.

It didn't come with a red bow on top.

It came with 90,000 miles and a fading generator.

Comments