Somehow I think we'll survive this 'storm'

As I write this I am refraining from throwing my shoe at the TV in my office.

I just heard a local TV news reporter who is standing outside somewhere near Allentown breathlessly inform me that there are a few flakes starting to come down.

In Allentown.

And the Poconos could see some actual snow.

Really! It might snow in the Poconos!

This has been going on now for days. Since last week, the local TV stations have been beating the drum about the Nor'easter that is slowly rumbling across the country. Yes, it has caused a mess in places like Colorado and Texas, where there were several fatal accidents.

As far as I can tell, all it is going to do here is rain. It might rain hard tonight, leading to some local flooding in the usual places, or around any drains that are stuffed with leaves.

There is a chance that some travel may be disrupted, depending on where you are going.

But for the most part, the roads are going to be wet.

That's about it.

Unless of course you are in the local TV news racket.

Then, if you don't have snow to report here, you go where the snow is. Hence the guy standing in the PenDOT yard in Allentown telling me that their trucks are fully prepared for the impending storm.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here. I've been complaining about the way local TV handles the weather for years. It's one of my pet peeves.

I guess I can cross that off my list of things to be thankful for this year.

Comments