Veterans Day 2013

I never have a problem remembering Veterans Day.

It's my daughter's birthday. She was my first-born. This will be her last birthday as a single woman. She's tying the knot this summer.

There's another reason I always know it's Veterans Day. I can count on a phone call or email from Bob McMahon. The Media mayor is one of the biggest proponents of vets in Delaware County. He was one of the biggest pushes behind the establishment of the Pennsylvania Veterans Museum on State Street in the borough. And Media also happens to throw one of the biggest Veterans Day celebrations in the state.

You can check out what they have planned today here.

Do yourself a favor. If you have the day off or happen to be in around Media today, head to State Street around 11 a.m. and salute those who don the uniform to protect our way of life.

Comments