A reason for thanks

With the turkey by now almost digested (and who else agrees that hot turkey sandwiches and cranberry sauce are almost as good as the Thursday feast? Especially in the wake of another Eagles win?), we now hurtle head-first into the mad dash to Christmas.

It's going to be a quick ride. Remember, Thanksgiving was late this year.

That means Christmas is exactly three weeks from this Wednesday.

Before I start singing carols, I want to offer thanks.

At heart, I'm a pretty selfish guy.

That's why I was especially thrilled to receive an award recently from the Delaware County Literacy Council as a "Champion of Adult Literacy."

If people don't read, I don't eat.

But it was not until I got at the event at Harrah's that I met the real heroes of the evening.

You can read about them in my print column today.

Now I'm off to start my Christmas shopping.

Comments