The voices of Upper Darby

As you may have heard by now, not everyone was exactly thrilled by last Friday's front page.

One of the persons I heard from was Penny Starr-Ashton, who wanted to come to the defense of Upper Darby schools.

I urged her to make her voice known on our editorial pages. You can reader her letter here. There are more that will appear in the next few days.

I have said this many times. A lot of people think I'm a pretty powerful guy because I'm the editor of the newspaper.

The truth is I am really only the custodian here. The paper really belongs to its readers. I don't think for a moment that I never make mistakes. I make plenty of them every day.

What I think is most important is that this process be a dialog. I certainly have a voice. And I am more than willing to offer a platform for opposing opinions. That's one of the reasons I always ask people who don't like something we did to offer their version of events on our op-ed page.

Most important of all, I want the paper to be fair. I think we came up short of that on Friday and I'll be the first to admit it.

Comments