Your morning commuter alert

Here's the early word from my morning commute. The roads are fine. Getting into your car, on the other hand, is a different animal altogether.

Your big issue this morning is not going to be the infamous "black ice," despite the impassioned pleas of the good folks on TV. I didn't encounter any. Then again, I was not in many parking lots or sidewalks. That's where the problems are.

And in my driveway, of course. The small puddle of water that insists on collecting right at the bottom of the driveway (and of course precisely where you place your foot when getting in or out of the car) was solid ice this morning.

Once I traversed that, the big challenge was deicing the car. The entire car this morning was wrapped in that really fine layer of ice that is almost impossible to scrape off the windshield and windows. Your best bet is to start your car and let the defroster run for while to break it up.

But once you're out on the road, it should be smooth sailing.

You might also want to bundle up. It is seriously cold out there this morning, with temperatures in the teens. And just for good measure, they're calling for some kind of mess to arrive Saturday, with some snow and rain hitting the region.

Have I mentioned recently (like in the last 5 minutes) that I hate winter?

Comments