Report from the roads

Here's a tip if you have not yet left the house.

No, don't go back to bed.

Instead, turn off your TV. And your radio.

The roads are not treacherous. I repeat, they are not treacherous, no matter how many times you hear it on TV and radio.

Are they sloppy in spots? Sure. But you can get where you're going.

As usual, my biggest problem was digging out of my driveway. Once I got out of the development and out onto the main roads, I didn't have any problems.

Some serious kudos to Marple for the condition of Springfield Road. It was almost spotless.

Thumb's down to the people who insist on using their snow blowers to blow snow back out into the road.

My commute brings me down West Chester Pike all the way to the Giant out in Newtown Square. Then I take Springfield Road all the way into Clifton Heights. By the way, I'm not sure where the National Weather Service got that wild 10-inch amount of snow in Clifton. It didn't seem like they got all that much more than anyone else.

I'm really tired of harping on the local TV news and forecasters. I'll give them credit. They got it right on the money. Looks like we got about 4-8 inches.

But the hype they again used this morning to tell people not to go out, that the roads are treacherous, really borders on a public disservice.

Comments