Wawa comes to our winter rescue

It is mid-January. The holidays are in the rear-view mirror. The long slog to spring has commenced.

Hoping for sports to break the monotony? Good luck last night. There was very little in the way of sports action.

We can thank Chase Utley for making a couple of media stops to remind us that, indeed, spring is coming and baseball will soon be upon us.

Other than that, it was bleak.

It's at times like these where your local Wawa comes in pretty handy.

Yes, I realize this is the second straight day that a fairly commercial endorsement will be gracing the Heron's Nest. Hey, anything that gets me through winter is appreciated.

So I am announcing here that our friends at the Delco born and bred convenience store are once again offering their special deal on coffee: Any variety, any size for a buck. That's right, $1.

So here is my question: If that is the case, why would anyone get a small (12 ounce). Well I would for one. Of course, I had made my coffee and proceeded to the checkout at our local official Daily Times Wawa on Oak Avenue before I realized the special deal was in effect.

You can bet I won't make that mistake again today.

Wawa, the journalist's best friend.

Comments

Mark Reczek said…
I have fallen victim to not knowing the $1 deal in on until reaching the register myself. 20oz. of Kona for a buck, thank you Wawa.