Winter of my discontent

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate winter?

Yeah, as you can imagine, this is not going to be a great morning. I started the morning by looking out the window about 3 a.m. I was not thrilled by what I saw. Nothing but white.

Luckily for me, the technology that follows me everywhere lets me work and update our website from home. So for now I am sitting at the kitchen table, still in my PJs, cursing my fate. A plow truck just came through the development, which is both good and bad news. It means the street will likely at least be passable when I finally venture out. But it also means I will have to dig out the end of the driveway in order to free the car from its snow enclave.

What I do not necessarily want to hear right now is some blowhard on TV telling me for the umpteenth time that if I don't have to go out, don't. Guess what? I don't have that luxury, and I am guessing a lot of other people don't either. And I really don't need to be reminded of it by someone who is looking to inflate their ratings.

I suppose I actually pause to give some kudos to the forecasters that I am constantly bashing. They got this one pretty much on the money. Looks like anywhere from 4-8 inches of snow across the region. One report just indicated that Clifton Heights got 10 inches of snow. No doubt most of it is sitting in the parking lot of the Daily Times.

What I would really like this morning is for our loyal readers to give us a hand. We're not going to be able to get everywhere around the county in these conditions. But you can join our coverage and our live chat on Twitter. Post what the conditions are like in your neighborhood. How are the roads in your neck of the woods. Post a photo or video. Use the hashtag #delcosnow and you will be part of our live chat. You can find it here. Now here's the really bad news. The snow is just the first part of this 1-2 punch. The really bad news is the brutal cold that is coming in hard on the heels of the storm. We will be seeing teeth-chattering temperatures in the single digits this afternoon.

Despite all this, I think we'll survive. I'll no doubt make it into the office later this morning, despite what the TV folks tell me.

How many days until pitchers and catchers?

Comments