Pothole Palooza: The worst road in Delaware County

Yes, there is more snow in the forecast. We're suposed to get snow overnight tonight into Tuesday morning.

Yes, I'm as tired of it as you are.

So let's have some fun with it.

I am looking for the worst road in Delaware County, at least in terms of potholes. This winter has not been kind to our roads. They are beat up, and likely will only get worse with more snow in the forecast and a thaw later this week.

My nomination is for Providence Road, from Route 3 (West Chester Pike) in Edgmont to the Route 1 Bypass near Rose Tree Park in Upper Providence. I traverse this road every morning. It used to be I just had to dodge the deer with whom I grudgingly share the road.

Now it's potholes. Lots of them, deep enough to loosen your fillings when you hit them. To say nothing of your rims and tires.

This morning I felt like a slalom skier at Sochi as I maneuvered around the potholes. Luckily, at that hour there isn't a lot of people on the road, so I can pretty much swerve from side to side.

That's my nomination. Now I want yours. We'll make it a contest.

Tell us what you think is the worst road in Delco, at least when it comes to potholes.

We'll come up with some kind of prize for the winner.

Comments

Unknown said…
If I95 counts it has to be THE worst Ive seen ever.Starting from near the airport to the De.line.I saw one you could drive into on Mac Dade blvd as your coming from 476 to approaching Morton Ave. It had to be the start of a sinkhole.If you hit it your rim and tire are done.
Anonymous said…
There is one on the exit ramp from the by pass to rt 252! What a tire-biter that one is!
Carol Knight said…
The middle lane of the Northbound Blue Route from the Rt. 3 exit up to the Expressway Exit. Terrible!!!
Carol Knight said…
The middle lane of the northbound Blue Route from just north of Rt. 3 to the Expressway. Terrible!!!
Carol Knight said…
The middle lane of the northbound Blue Route from just above Rt. 3 to the Expressway. Terrible!!!
Anonymous said…
Chichester Ave by conchester....just horrible!!! Surprised not pulled over for drunk driving
Anonymous said…
Baltimore Pike between Church Lane and 61st Street. Multiple, multiple potholes in both directions but the worst is approaching 61st street. I'm waiting for the street to fall into the creek. I believe most of the potholes are on the Delaware County side and a couple on Phila line. I also think this might be why it is not fixed yet.
Anonymous said…
Cedar Grove Road. A 2 mile pothole. Worst road in Delaware County for years.