Your Friday Morning road report

Mother Nature won't be getting a Valentine from me this year.

The forecasters weren't lying. After nailing us with a foot of snow overnight Wednesday into Thursday, she just couldn't resist another shot last night.

Yes, if you have not looked out this morning, it snowed again last night.

You will need to clear the car again and shovel out.

I just did.

The good news is that roads are not all that bad.

That is not to say they are clear, especially the side roads and neighborhoods.

My development always looks like the end of the world, so I try not to make any rash decisions until I get out on the main roads.

Getting there this morning was a bit of an adventure.

Luckily, schools were closed and I was again able to use my wife's Rav-4. It blew through what looked like at least another 3 inches of new snow.

From there on, it was a mix of snow-covered spots, slush and some simply wet roads.

The problem is that you can go from a wet road to a spot that is snow-covered with little notice. Be careful of that out there.

Also be careful as you approach intersections. That's where snow has been piled up from plows and is just waiting to ensnare your car.

I'm not sure I'd want to tangle with what was out there this morning in a car, but most small SUVs will sail through.

The award for best road this morning goes to Marple Township, which had Springfield Road neat as a whistle.

That ended when I got to the Springfield line. But even there it was very much passable.

West Chester Pike was in decent shape, as was Baltimore Pike in Springfield.

As usual, Oak Avenue was still snow-covered, but even that was doable.

The really bad news?

They are calling for even more snow tonight, maybe as much as a couple of inches.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Comments