Your Tuesday a.m. road report

We've got good news and bad news on your morning roads report.

First the good news: The roads are in amazingly good shape considering what we endured yesterday. Most of the roads I traveled on were clean to the pavement. Some serious kudos are due PennDOT and the rest of the plow teams that attacked the storm.
Some of the side roads and developments still have some snow-packed roads, but with a little care those also are eminently driveable.
So what's the bad news? Getting into your car is a serious problem.  The glaze that hung in the air last night froze solid as temperatures dipped into the lower 20s.
This was the nastiest frost I've dealt with this winter.  I couldn't make a dent in it with my scraper, instead just waiting for the defrost to do its job.
Actually, I lied, there is even more bad news.
Another storm is bearing down on us tonight, promising to bring a nasty mix of snow, ice and then rain.
More on that in a few minutes.

Comments