Did you manage to survive that storm?

So much for the final snow storm of the Winter of Our Discontent. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. But what I sincerely hope is winter's last shot turned out to be pretty much a dud here in the Philadelphia suburbs.

Some grassy areas got a coating of white, but the roads remains for the most part just wet.

This morning, I had to brush some snow off and then scrape the windshield, but, despite the desperate pleas of the traffic reporters, I encountered no icy conditions on the ride in to the office.

In southern Delaware and South Jersey, they got more of a hit, with some areas getting as much as 6 inches of snow in this late March storm.

Then there's Cape Cod and New England, which are in full-on blizzard mode.

So I guess we can consider ourselves lucky.

Except for one thing: It's too damn cold. Now granted I hate cold weather. I like it hot and humid, in fact the thicker the air, the more I like it.

This morning the temperatures dipped into the 20s and tomorrow morning we will be flirting with an all-time low. We came close but did not break today's record low of 21 degrees, set back in 1960. Tomorrow's record low also is 21 degrees, set way back in 1894.

Plus we will be looking at howling winds gusting up to 40 mph.

The bright spot. We are expected to warm up in time for the weekend, with temperatures pushing toward 60 by Friday. The bad news? It's also expected to rain.

And here's a little contest to brighten up this miserable spring weather. Anyone remember the last time we hit 70 degrees in this area, and tell me your prediction for when you think we'll hit 70 this spring.

One can only hope it's soon.

Comments