March-ing Orders: More lousy weather & the return of baseball

You can kiss March goodbye. Actually I'd like to tell it to kiss something else, but of course I have given up cursing for Lent.

March came in like a lion, and it's going out the same way. Miserable.

I drove into the office in a light rain - with some wet snow flakes mixed in, I suppose just to mock me. That follows a raw, wet, cold weekend.

Better days are coming. At least that is my hope.

The baseball season starts today. The Phillies, luckily, are in Texas to face the Rangers. Temperatures there are expected to be in the 80s at game time at 2 this afternoon. The Phils will play three in Texas and then head for Wrigley for three against the Cubs before heading home and Citizens Bank Park, where they open next Monday against the Brewers.

I have a distincly bad feeling about this Phillies team. They got shut out in their final two Grapefruit League Games, posting all of about three hits, and then got blanked in the On-Deck game in South Philly Friday night. Thankfully, Saturday's game against the Pirates got rained out.

I'll believe this team will hit, that these veterans will somehow discover the Fountain of Youth and play the way they did a few years ago, when I see it.

Until then, I will simply await better weather, and hope the Phillies are not out of it before those warmer temperatures arrive.

Comments